Christmas Traditions

2:51 AM Angee 7 Comments

As my inner child in my body doesn't want to let go of Christmas just yet, I wanted to talk about Christmas traditions today (I promise it's gonna be the last Christmas related post for this year!!:D) I grew up in the small country in the middle of Europe and seeing vlogmases on youtube mainly from British youtubers, our traditions are pretty different then theirs. It made me wonder, how many different traditions are there? Do you live in a country with different traditions? If you do, tell me in the comments below I'd love to know! Although its been a while since I have celebrated Christmas there, I still remember the good old days as it was yesterday (did you just read it in a grama's voice like i just did while writing it? No? Okay....) . Here are the traditions that we follow during the Christmas holidays :-)




Firstly, on the beginning of December (5th of December), we have a day that is dedicated to St. Nicholas. He, in a white gown and a big white hat with a big cross across, along with an angel and Krampus (if you don't know who Krampus is, he is basically a devil from hell :D) go from house to house to find the nice and naughty children. The nice children get sweets from the angel and the naughty once get a threat from Krampus to put them in his bag and carry them to hell with him but at the end they just get coal or stone or something like that. It's a scary evening for a child but very fun evening for a teenager when you know they are just people in costumes, because then you can have an awesome night out with your friends ;).


St. Nick, Angel and Krampus

After that day is done, for a kid or a teenager there is nothing much to do except buying and wrapping presents, decorating our Christmas tree and helping in the kitchen baking Christmas treats. Even in school at this time of the year, there is not much to do but at the last day of school we have a little party where we bring beverages and sweets and give each other presents.


Traditional Christmas treats.

And then Christmas Eve is arrives on the 24th! For this day, I think its the same everywhere. The family gathers and has a nice Christmas dinner full of laughter, stories, Christmas music, and Christmas movies on the TV. While we are finishing our deserts, one of the grown ups would usually sneak in to the other room with the Christmas tree and put all the presents under it and when that's done, he or she rings the bell which alerts all the children that Jesus was here. Yes, you read it right, JESUS...not Santa. I repeat, it's Jesus that brings us the presents, not Santa. Then we just open our presents and that is it. Our Christmas usually ends on the 24th not on the 25th. But after few years when we kinda knew that its was our parents who bought us the presents, not Jesus, on the 24th we only open the presents from our relatives and then in the morning of boxing day (25th) we would open the presents from our parents. I don't know why we changed it like that..maybe because we watched too many Christmas movies or something.

So, there you have our traditions. Are your traditions any different? Or do you have similar to ours? Let me know in the comments because I would love to know!

Angee xx

Sources: all the pictures found on google.com




You Might Also Like

7 comments:

  1. Great post. It was really interesting reading your traditions! We celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December and open the presents (and we have Santa). On Christmas Eve, we usually spend the day getting ready for Christmas day - and our family have our own extra tradition where we always read 'The Magical Night Before Christmas'. Hope you had a good Christmas xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely Christmas. I haven't read 'The Magical Night Before Christmas' to be honest. Is it good?:)

      Delete
  2. I love reading about other people's Christmas traditions! The 25th is Christmas Day for us in England where we open all of our presents!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following British vloggers so I'm pretty familiar with British traditions (or I think I do :D ). Next year, I'm studying in London so hopefully I will have the whole British Christmas experience next year :-)

      PS: Your blog is amazing :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading about other people's Christmas traditions, so interesting! I'm in love with your template too, glad I found your blog! x
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really interesting traditions, it's always fascinating to read about other peoples! The only one I can really relate to is the baking of treats, wrapping presents and spending time with family. Although all of my family gets together on the 25th! Beautiful post (:

    Jess x
    indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete